Something Beautiful Is On The Horizon

Something Beautiful Is On The Horizon

Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy birthday

While reading through the policies for our agency I spotted two things that made me (once again) wonder how this was going to pan out with this little sweetheart that we have fallen in love with.

Problem 1:  There must be at least one year's difference between adoptive child and children at home. 
Problem 2:  They feel it is important to keep children in their birth order.  (meaning this has to be the youngest child.)

CRAAAAAP!!!  I found myself, yet again, with my heart sunken.  Seriously?  I emailed her and she told me that with special-needs adoptions they will sometime waive one of those two things.  That's all great and everything, but both of those would have to be waived.

I started to think about it. This little girl is 2 years old currently (a little older than Tate and a little younger than Shanley).  I could see if there was a way to magically change Tate's birthday to 2 years sooner, which I quickly concluded was not going to happen no matter how hard I tried.  The only other hope I had was to see if there is ANY chance that there happens to be a year between this sweetheart and my others.  

I thought about it.  Shanley's birthday is in June of 2010.  Tate's birthday is August of 2012.  When I looked at those dates I could see that our Armenian daughter's birthday would have to be in July of 2011.  Odds were not in our favor.  I opened up my email with the information I had received about this little girl.  I skimmed through the paperwork and came across her birthday.  I could not believe my eyes- her birthday is July 11, 2011.  

An yet again, another tender mercy.  Someone is orchestrating this whole process, which appears to be meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment